Can you help us raise some money to help local families attend Funny Things events for FREE in the Autumn?
We’re looking for people to have a bit of fun on the silliest day of the year – 1st April 2019, otherwise known as April Fools Day. We want you to dress up in something silly, maybe hold a competition for the funniest hat, most humorous hairstyle or full outrageous outfit. We don’t mind what you do as long as it is daft, silly, bonkers or ridiculous.
April Fools day falls on a Monday this year so what better way to kick start your week than with some fun and being just a little bit silly!
All we want you to do is this:
1. Encourage your friends, colleagues, fellow pupils/students to dress up for a picture
2. Take a picture/s of each other (or a selfie – we won’t judge) and post it on one or all of our social media channels tagging @funnythingsbc (Facebook / Twitter / Instagram) and use the hashtag #FunnyThings2019
3. Donate £1 (or more if you like) per person and gather your donations together
4. Either email firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll tell you how to send the money OR go to our JUST GIVING page and donate it there
– DOWNLOAD a poster HERE to promote your dressing up fundraiser.
HOW YOUR DONATION WILL HELP:
Your contribution of £1 per person will go towards enabling people from Wolverhampton’s most disadvantaged communities to come along to the festival.
We encourage you to ‘pay it forward’ and enable those most in need to escape all the pressures of everyday life for a time and have a laugh.
£50 would fund a place on a comedy workshop for one young person to develop their confidence and build key life skills.
£100 would provide 10 people with a night of laughter at one of the festival events
£250 would provide transport for 10 young people to safely get to and from an event in the city centre
£500 would provide a workshop for a community group in their local area, in a community space of their choice
£1000 would provide a hot meal, ticket to a show and transport for 20 people